Friday, July 20, 2007

Iron-Man


Here's Iron-Man, another one of my quick sketches. Funny thing, a few years back I was hired to design a program book for the Iron-Man triathlon at Camp Pendelton. The crazy thing was I had to take snap shots of the event that day and put that together with real-time race results for 100's of people. All that data then had to be formatted and printed over night and bound in a booklet and available the next morning at the closing breakfast. It was an all night affair for me and the printer. I still don't know how it ever got finished. Why do I bring this up? Because I'm undergoing another self-impossed marathon trying to complete my materials for Comic Con 2007. No matter what it seems, my creative work, no matter how hard I try, is a marathon down to the very last minute. Back to work. - Patrick Scullin

No comments: